Ricker Funeral Home has been a family owned funeral home since the early 1900's, with the Ricker name being associated with the firm since 1952. In 1943, Paul N. Ricker joined Dennis Rouhan and Herbert Swan at Rouhan and Swan Funeral Home. In 1952 the firm became known as Swan and Ricker and was located in the former Odd Fellows Block on Pleasant Street. (The municipal parking lot, located behind the Laconia Savings Bank, is where the firm was originally housed.) A fire on January 13, 1953 destroyed the funeral home and furniture company, also run by Swan and Ricker. They temporarily relocated to Haverhill before settling at 26 Elm Street in Woodsville. Mr. Ricker acquired sole ownership of the firm in 1963 and we have been known as Ricker Funeral Home since. In 1972 construction of the current building was started and was opened in February 1973, at its current location at 1 Birch Street. James M. House joined the firm in 1970 and purchased the business with his wife, Paula (Ricker) House, Mr. Ricker's daughter, when he retired in 1986. Mr. House hired Bryan S. Gould, a Woodsville native, who had been associated with and periodically employed with the firm since 1978. Upon Mr. House's retirement on January 1, 2006, ownership was then assumed by Mr. Gould and his wife Melissa.
Thomas W. Mayo, also a Woodsville native, joined the firm in September 2005.
We are fortunate to continue as a locally owned, family operated business.