Funeral Homes in Masterson, TX

Places

Below you fill find all funeral homes and cemeteries in or near Masterson.

Suburbs of Masterson: Channing.

Zip codes in the city: 79018, 79058.

Hartley County funeral flowers can be purchased from one of the local funeral shops we partner with.

Morrison Funeral Directors

The history of the Morrison Family involvement in the funeral business in Dumas dates back to 1943 when Morris T. Morrison and his wife Juanita moved to Dumas from Amarillo to work as a Funeral Director for Boxwell Brothers, an Amarillo based...

Cities near Masterson offering funeral homes and cemeteries

Nearby Funeral Homes for Masterson

A
Amarillo's Family Funeral Home
2650 Dumas Dr
Amarillo, TX 79107
B
Blackburn Shaw Funeral Dirctrs
1505 Martin Rd
Amarillo, TX 79107
Boxwell Brothers Funeral Dir
500 N Maddox Ave
Dumas, TX 79029
G
Golden Gate Mortuary
1416 N Hughes St
Amarillo, TX 79107
H
Holley Funeral Home
Hereford Hwy
Amarillo, TX 79159
M
Morrison Funeral Directors
1015 S Dumas Ave
Dumas, TX 79029
Morrison Funeral Directors
401 Avenue N
Sunray, TX 79086
N
Northlawn Memorial Gardens Incorporated
1015 S Dumas Ave
Dumas, TX 79029
W
Warford-Walker Mortuary Incorporated
509 N Hughes St
Amarillo, TX 79107
Westlawn Memorial Park
6 Fritch Hwy # Mi
Borger, TX 79007

Facts about Masterson, Texas

Masterson is an unincorporated community in southern Moore County, Texas, United States. It lies along the concurrent U.S. Routes 87 and 287, south of the city of Dumas, the county seat of Moore County. Its elevation is 3,704 feet (1,129 m). Although Masterson is unincorporated, it has a post office, with a ZIP code of 79058.Founded in 1927 as a support community for Canadian River Gas' plant and gas pipeline producing the Panhandle Field. Masterson was named for Robert Masterson, while the plant, Bivins Compressor station, was named after another Panhandle rancher, Lee Bivins. The community eventually included 32 company houses for families and a hotel for single men. The Bivins Elementary School was built in 1937 and educated children through the eighth grade, after which they attended school in Dumas, Texas. Starting in 1943, helium was extracted from the gas at the Exell Helium Plant, which is located nearby and managed by the Bureau of Land Management. The government built 75 houses for employee families. The Masterson post office was established in 1950 and was located in the Exell Store, built in 1948. The compressor station was sold to Colorado Interstate Gas (CIG) Company in 1951. CIG was acquired by the Coastal Corporation in 1973, which then merged with El Paso Corp. in 1999, which was bought by Kinder Morgan in 2011. Starting in 1963, the housing at both the Bivins and the Exell camps was phased out. The Bivins school was closed in 1978. The station was bought by Pioneer Natural Resources in 2002.

Masterson Obituaries

History



Founded in 1927 as a support community for a natural gas pipeline, Masterson was named for Robert Masterson, who owned the land on which it was built. Although Masterson is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 79058. Masterson is an unincorporated area community in southern Moore County, Texas County, Texas, United States. Its elevation is 3,704 feet (1,129 m), and it is located at (35.6358780, -101.9601837). The community's post office was established in 1950.

Masterson Funeral Home News

There is no news for this location at this time.

Send flowers directly to a funeral home

Find Funeral Homes >

FloristOne offers same day delivery from local florists.

Send Flowers