Larkin has three beautiful locations to accommodate and serve your family in your time of need.
Larkin Mortuary is located downtown in the historic Hagenbarth mansion located on the corner of 300 East and South Temple Streets. Purchased in 1925, the European-style home still retains its original hand-crafted woodwork, fixtures and stained glass windows. This facility has both a large and small chapel and many viewing areas that offer an atmosphere of serenity and beauty.
Larkin Sunset Gardens is situated on 76 acres of lush green property in the south end of the Salt Lake valley at 10600 South and 1700 East in Sandy. The Wasatch Mountains provide a majestic backdrop to this cemetery, mausoleum, French-style mortuary and chapel. In addition to the mortuary, cemetery and mausoleum, Larkin has a floral shop and a monument design center.
Larkin Sunset Lawn is situated on 12 acres of property located on the east side of Salt Lake City at 2350 East and 1300 South. This location offers a chapel, several viewing rooms, an indoor mausoleum and a state-of-the-art cremation center.
Our mission for over a century has been to provide genuine care. We create exceptional service and superior value as well as quality products and facilities. We pledge integrity and respect in all we do.
Larkin’s pioneer founder, George William Larkin, arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in 1863, having emigrated from Cambridge, England. His first jobs were to cut stones for the Salt Lake Temple and to ride Pony Express. Later Brigham Young sent him to oversee the Ogden cemetery. In 1885 George William began the Larkin tradition of arranging funerals in Ogden.
In 1912 a Larkin Mortuary was opened in Salt Lake City under the direction of his son, Alma J. Larkin. In 1925 the business moved to its present location, the Hagenbarth Mansion, at 260 East South Temple. Alma was the driving force of growth for Larkin Mortuary until his untimely death in 1946. His two sons, Alma J. “Jay” Larkin Jr. and Max S. Larkin, assumed management of the company until 1984. Robert “Bob” Larkin served as president of Larkin until 2002.