What to Write on Funeral Flowers
When someone dies, finding the right funeral flower message to convey your sympathy, pain, regards, regrets, and love can be difficult. After all, grief is something that even poets have a hard time capturing. Add to that all the complexities of human relationships, family issues, and religious beliefs, and you can see why so many people turn to time honored sayings and funeral quotes.
Although a personal message is always acceptable, you can also fall back on these popular funeral flower expressions. We have broken them down by relative so you can match the perfect saying to your friend or relative.
What to Write on Funeral Flowers for Grandma
- “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.” (Author Unknown)
- In loving memory of a grandmother I’ll cherish forever.
- Time may pass and fade away, but memories of you will always stay.
- Thank you for making my childhood unforgettable.
- “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” (Maya Angelou)
What to Write on Funeral Flowers for Grandpa
- “Grandpa has ears that truly listen, arms that always hold, love that’s never ending and a heart that’s made of gold.” (Author Unknown)
- “Grandpas hold our tiny hands for just a little while but our hearts forever.” (Author Unknown)
- Although we are far away, we will hold you close in our thoughts and in our hearts for today and for always.
- A simple wish that you were here.
- “A grandfather is someone you can look up to no matter how tall you grow.” (Author Unknown)
What to Write on Funeral Flowers for Mom
- Few things are more difficult than the loss of a mother. We are deeply sorry for your loss.
- “A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” (Amy Tan)
- To lose a mother is to lose the first best friend you ever had.
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” (Abraham Lincoln)
- “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” (Erich Fromm)
What to Write on Funeral Flowers for Dad
- In loving memory of a wonderful father and even better man.
- The name of father is another name for love.
- Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they never met your dad.
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” (Author Unknown)
- “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” (Anne Geddes)
What to Write on Funeral Flowers for Sister
- “A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.” (Author Unknown)
- Few things ache more than the loss of a beloved sister. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- When you speak of her, speak not with tears, for thoughts of her should not be sad.
- “A sister is our first friend and second mother.” (Author Unknown)
- A sister is a forever friend.
What to Write on Funeral Flowers for Brother
- Your memories will never die, your stories are irreplaceable, may you rest in peace.
- Wishing you peace to bring you comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
- Your brother may not always be at your side, but he will always be in your heart.
- Sometimes, happy memories hurt the most.
- “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.” (Astrid Alauda)